Thursday evening Sangha Night
Our main regular pre-Covid event was a weekly get-together on Thursday evenings from 7.00 pm to 9.45 pm, in a rented space in Stirling. Currently, our weekly, Thursday, meetings are now held on Zoom: for more information email firstname.lastname@example.org and finish at 8.45 pm.
- 7.00 pm: Tune in and chat
- 7.15 pm: Meditation session
- 7.50 pm: Break
- 8.00 pm: A talk, discussion, poetry reading, or reporting in session
- 8.45 pm: Meeting closes.
The meditation sessions are normally based around the following foundation practices:
- Mindfulness of Breathing Meditation: This meditation helps to develop your awareness and powers of concentration and promotes calmness and peace of mind.
- Metta Bhavana (Loving-Kindness) Meditation: This meditation helps to develop emotional warmth, kindness, and friendliness towards oneself and others
How To Join
Our classes are currently run online via zoom and are by invitation only during this period, please get in touch for a chat and the zoom link, we also have a weekly newsletter. which is sent out to members.
Use a PC or Mac
For most modern web browsers, you do not need to download anything. For a better experience you can, before the start time, download the Zoom Desktop Client for Windows, Mac, or Linux. You do not need to create an account or sign in.
A few minutes before we're due to start, open the app if you have downloaded it, or go to join.zoom.us, and enter the meeting ID you've been given to join.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to book?
For in-person classes, and online we would appreciate it if you emailed beforehand, rather than just turn up! so, we know to look out for you.
Do I need to be a Buddhist?
No - the class is suitable for everyone, including those who are completely new to Buddhism.
What should I wear for the meditation and how should I sit??
There are no specific requirements, just make sure you'll be comfortable sitting for the length of the meditation. If you don't have meditation equipment, a dining room chair will be perfectly suitable.